Thursday, October 28, 2010

What happened to the days...

Ok so about two weeks ago I went to a bon fire with some friends. I got to talking to a guy there for a while and we got along pretty well. He got my number before he left and we talked about going climbing together. The following week he called me to ask me out on a date.
To all the older generation this sounds pretty typical, (outside of the texting). Boy meets girl, boy likes girl, boy asks girl on a date. Seems pretty simple. NAY!!! This happens so infrequently these days, the new system is. Boy meets girl, boy likes girl, boy tries to be in places girl might be, social gatherings and what not, boy flirts with other girls to make girl jealous, girl flirts with boy, boy gets scared and backs off, girl then moves on to other guys, boy gets jealous, boy flirts with girl, girl starts to like boy, boy freaks out and runs away.
This is why dating sucks. It is so hard to get anywhere with anyone. This guy asking me out was so refreshing. It was so easy. We're not getting married, we're not "committing" to each other. We just had a good conversation and want to get to know each other more. Is that so frightening?

2 comments: