Friday, August 23, 2013

Hot Pink, Leopard Print, Silky, Spandex = Recipe For Awesome

So, I was talking to my purdy friend Xan the other day and we decided that "Seriously, That Happened" will be the title of the book I write.
Here's another story in the life of Jules.
When I was a little girl, my parents worked. It was the job of my big sister to help me get ready for school, which basically meant, I was on my own. Jennie is 2 years older than me, you can't expect a 10 year old to really pay too much attention to what an 8 year old is wearing. (Even though pretty much from day one Jennie was a fashion girl and I was NOT)
One year for Halloween my mom bought my sister and me these matching, hot pink, silky leopard print costumes. Let me be more specific, hot pink, leapard print, silky, spandex pants and a solid hot pink, silky, spandexy shirt. I may be mistaken, but I believe my outfit also came with suspenders...(Side note, it was either for Halloween or this singing group Jennie and I were in)
Halloween is fine. It's halloween and I'm sure we were just DARLING.
Why I thought this would be an acceptible outfit for school, I can't really say.
So I'm at school in my hot pink, leaopard print, silky, spandexy awesomeness and I get called out of class to go to the principal's office.
Now... I was an angel as a kid, so hearing my name in class to go to the principal's office was alarming. The class "oooooo'ed" as I walked out, I remember that specifically.
I walk to the office terrified, wondering what happened, what I did wrong and how much trouble I'm in.
I walk to the desk and the secretary stands up and tells me to wait right there and goes into the back and gets a couple of other ladies.
This is what happened. They all come back in, the secretary that I first spoke to turns to the other and said, "See?" The others look me up and down, smirk and said, "That's quite the outfit..." Then the first lady said, "Ok sweetie, you can go back to class"
I was literally called out of class so that some women could check out my outfit. I was, at best, 9 years old and even then I knew I should be embarrassed.

Guess which one I am...


1 comment:

  1. Please tell me your parents have a picture of the hot pink spandex outfit somewhere...

    ReplyDelete