Monday, July 2, 2012

A Much Needed Break

Due to my little freak out last week, I seriously needed a break from being social. I didn't have plans this last weekend and had no desire to be with the "single crowd". I was contemplating going to St George to see my brother and his family, I also, more seriously, contemplated just telling people I was going out of town and just having a weekend to myself.
On Thursday my friend Hyrum sent me a text about boating on Saturday and I was SOLD. Hyrum is married to one of my very best friends and I don't get to be with her very much so the idea of spending the day with them was IDEAL! I invited my cousin Michelle, and my friend Lauren to come along.
Saturday it was just the 5 of us (and baby Georgia) for 7 hours on the lake. I wakeboarded and am getting much better, I get up every time and am now just working on catching a little air as I re-enter the wake.
It was the perfect day. I got home that night forced myself to stay awake until it was dark. I went to bed around 10 and didn't wake up until 9:30.
It was exactly what I needed. A weekend away with great friends, not worrying about the dang dating scene and just having me time. I could handle the rest of my summer being that way.
Just me July is in full swing!

No comments:

Post a Comment