Tuesday, July 3, 2012

What a difference 5 years can make...

I recently had someone ask me, "If you could rewind or go forward 5 years, what would you do?" Without skipping a beat I said, "Fast forward" and I have not strayed from that answer, but I have been thinking about it since then.
5 years ago I was a completely different person, I was insecure, shy, had no experience in the dating world and had little experience in the "real world". BUT 5 years ago was the start to the biggest change of my life. Every year since then I feel like I have improved in so many ways. I have become a much more active person, I am more confident, I am a stronger person in every way.
I get frustrated with life, who doesn't, but I have also realized that my life is pretty great. I have come a long way, and each year I find myself saying, "I can see why I'm at where I am right now, and I wouldn't trade that." I can only believe that it is going to continue to get better. So If things are as great as they are now, and so much better than they were 5 years ago, what is to come in the next 5 years? The only thing I can think is that it will be that much better.
So yes, if I could rewind or fast forward 5 years, I would definitely go forward.


This was my birthday in Vegas. Who would complain about a life surrounded by this good looking group of people. Not this girl!

2 comments:

  1. that's nutso Julia-- the point of life is to live it, bot fast forward through it.

    you could always relive events, but to skip them entirely would be crazy.

    you never know how long life is -- live each day to the fullest -- if you skipped 5 years you might find out your life was over

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, as the option most likely won't be given me in real life I'm not too worried about it. I'm not saying I want to jump 5 years, I'm just saying if I had the choice between the two, that is what I would do. The point of the blog is to say that I'm happy with how my life is going, I don't need to go back and relive it, I'm happy moving forward.

    ReplyDelete