Monday, September 3, 2012

5 years 2 months and 16 days

Today it has been exactly that long since I had my surgery. Since I started losing weight. 5 years 2 months and 16 days ago I weighed 225 pounds.
My goal for this surgery was that I would get down to 175. That was the lowest I had ever remembered being, that was when I was the happiest. That was 50 pounds and that was just over the average amount of weight to lose. Most people would lose 50% of their excess weight, and that was just over 50% of mine.
That was my goal.
My hope was that I would lose it all. Get down to 145. I knew it wasn't "likely" but that it was possible.
I had a skirt that I wore when I was first down at 175. It was my goal skirt. All I wanted was to fit into that skirt again. I loved that skirt and felt so skinny in it. I kept it and would try it on all the time to see if I was getting closer.
Today, this morning, just now I weighed myself. Today, 5 years, 2 months and 16 days after the surgery, today I weighed in at 125. 100 pounds. I have lost all my excess weight plus 20 pounds. Today I am 100 pounds smaller. 100 pounds!!!
I never really thought I'd see this day.
It took 6 months to lose 40 pounds. 1 year to hit my new goal of 80 pounds. Those were all surgery assisted. This last 20 pounds, this last new goal was all me. I got down to 135 in the second year and I was ok at that weight. In the last 2 months is when I lost the rest, but I did it. 5 years 2 months and 16 days later I am 100 pounds smaller. 50 pounds past my original goal. 125. I weigh 125.
That 225 girl is still in my head sometimes, and right now she is crying with joy. The 125 girl that I am now can't help but do the same.




This was a bridesmaid skirt for my best friend's wedding when I was 21. This skirt was made to fit me. I found this skirt a few years ago and I remember holding it up and not knowing what it even was. When I realized it was that skirt I was shocked!



This was my goal skirt. This was the skirt that all I wanted from this surgery was to be able to fit into this again. Well... I can't, and I am so happy that I can't!

3 comments:

  1. Julia...That's awesome!!! I still remember riding in the car with Paige and hearing your story (and I thought you looked great then!). So glad you reached your goal and then some. CONGRATS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As one who has had a front row seat to this epic adventure, I can tell you that the transformation hasn't been just a physical one. Your happiness, confidence, and adventurous spirit have made an equivalent gain.

    Congratulations sweetheart! (But the things that I love most about you haven't changed a bit.)

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete