Thursday, September 20, 2012

Famine Masquerading as a Feast

Ok, so I have these two guys that are like my best friends. Jon and Steve. We talk about dating all the time, and share our woes and triumphs. One thing that we talk a lot about is that dating is always a feast or a famine. You either are dating more than you can handle or NOBODY!
At the moment it seems we are all in the feast category, which is great... well which can be great. I think the feast is better for them than it is for me. I don't do well with options. I like having one guy, I don't like to juggle and am not good at it. Anyway, I digress.
At the moment one would think I was having quite the feast. Last week for instance I heard from 7... *7* guys from my past. Steve mentioned to me that it's because the season is changing... going from summer to fall and these guys are now looking for their fall girlfriend. Someone to cozy up with as it gets colder, someone to go to haunted houses with and such. Makes sense.
Here's the thing, I've been set up a lot lately with great guys, I've been asked out by great guys, I've been flirting a lot with great guys, all good things BUT nothing is happening with any of them. There are A LOT that are out and about, but nothing is happening. Right now I am just waiting to see what will happen with any one of them. Sure I have my preferences, but I'm just waiting. Waiting to see if "so and so" is going to follow through. Or if "that one" is going to ask me out. Or if "THAT one" is going to ask me out again.
I wait. So though from the sounds of it, from the guys that I am talking about it sounds like I'm in a feast, but NOTHING IS HAPPENING! So really, I'm in a famine!


1 comment: