Thursday, April 4, 2013

People

Knowing that you're doing something hard for a reason, but not knowing what that reason is or when it will come into play means just doing something hard, with no end in sight. It can be difficult to keep your head up in these times.
It's been a month to the day that I have been in Arizona, and though I wouldn't say I'm "happy" here, nor do I know when I will be, there have been some good things that have come into action.
I found a connection with the AZ Diamondbacks , so even though I missed the National Anthem auditions by one day, it looks like I'll get to sing this season. Along the same lines, people are starting to see that I sing, so I am starting to get requests. Nothing big, a duet at a fireside, a solo in my ward, but singing. I've realized in being here, and not having that outlet, how important it is to me to perform. Just knowing that things are starting to happen really lifts my spirits.
The fact that I have no social life has given me a lot of time to work out. In the short time that I've been here I know almost all the trainers at my gym, just because they see me, same time, every day.
I find myself playing the guitar a lot more, simply because I don't have anyone else to play for me, so if I want to sing I better be able to play for myself. It's been such a therapeutic thing for me to just go home, sit on the floor by my bed and just play around on the guitar.
I have been given a teaching calling in my ward. Not just any teaching calling, teaching Marriage and Family relations to a bunch of singles. I don't now, nor do I think I will ever love teaching, but I love reading the lessons, and I can't tell you how many times I have been talking to someone and the phrase, "In my lesson it talked about...". Having time to sit down and read these things and think about them and really ponder the teachings in there I've really enjoyed.
In nearly every aspect of my life, things are coming together, however one thing is missing that is the reason why I can't say I'm "happy" here.
I miss having people. I miss having kindred spirits. I miss having people that know my story and my experiences. I miss having people be able to say, "remember the time..." I don't have any of those people here.
I thought it would be so nice to start over, to start fresh. I'm learning a big part of the reason I love my life so much is because of the people that are in it.
I miss my people.





No comments:

Post a Comment