Thursday, April 10, 2014

Home

I can hardly contain my excitement for tomorrow. Tomorrow I get to go home for, 2 bridal showers and a party with some friends, A meeting with the reception center, getting my bridals taken, a baby blessing AND my niece's birthday party.

Home... The place where my family is. The place where I grew up. The place such a big part of me still lives.

When I moved to Arizona and for about the first 10 months I was here, oh how I longed for home. I wasn't happy here, I was making the best of a situation that I knew was right. I missed having people, I missed being with my family, I missed knowing where everything is and the stinkin number system for addresses that is so much easier than having to memorize street names. I never went longer than 2 months without going home, and almost as soon as I got back to AZ I was planning my next trip out there. Arizona was very temporary in my mind.

Then I met a boy and fell in love. Tomorrow I head home and realized it's been nearly 4 months since I've been home. That is the longest I have ever been away from home. Even when I lived in Hawaii I wasn't gone this long. Of course I miss my family, but that longing to go home has been replaced with contentment in being here. That sadness and lack of understanding as to why I am here has been replaced with love and complete humility to realize this really was all divine intervention.

I'm sad to realize that my trips home will become fewer and farther between, but kind of relieved to know that it's because I am happier here now. I have found someone to fill such a huge void. One person makes being away from all of that, worth it. It's amazing the difference one person can make, and it's even more amazing how it can all just be there all of the sudden. All of a sudden I'm not thinking about "home" all the time, but instead thinking about what our future here will hold. All of a sudden I realize I'm not sad anymore, but instead incredibly happy. All of a sudden, Arizona is becoming my home.

There is a song that perfectly explains what I feel Matt's roll in this is. Home, by Phillip Phillips...

Hold on, to me as we go
As we roll down this unfamiliar road
And although this wave is stringing us along
Just know you're not alone
Cause I'm gonna make this place your home

Settle down, it'll all be clear
Don't pay no mind to the demons
They fill you with fear
The trouble it might drag you down
You get lost, you can always be found

Just know you're not alone
Cause I'm gonna make this place your home.

No comments:

Post a Comment