Friday, May 25, 2012

To Whom It May Concern:

Last night I went to The Civil Wars concert, which was absolutely amazing, if you don't know who they are you should look them up... like NOW... this blog will wait for you. Welcome back, now that we're all on the same page of how awesome they are, I wanted to talk about a song they sang last night that hit home. I've heard this song a buncha times, but never really paid attention to it. Joy Williams (the girl in the duo) is having a baby in like a month (props to her for doing an hour and a half show in 4 inch heels) and she introduced this song as what she is feeling right now being so excited to have this baby. The song took on all new meaning to me. This is what I will sing to my babies when I'm preggo fer sher. Right now it's what I sing to my hubster, (if that confuses you thinking, "You have no hubster" that's the point) It's called To Whom It May Concern, these are the lyrics.
Why are you so far from me
In my arms is where you ought to be.
How long will you make me wait?
I don't know how much more I can take.
I've missed you, but I haven't met you
Oh but I want to
How I do
Slowly counting down the days
Til I finally know your name
The way your hand feels 'round my waist
The way you laugh, the way your kisses taste
I've missed you but I haven't met you
Oh but I want to
How I do
Dear whoever you might be
I'm still waiting patiently

No comments:

Post a Comment