Thursday, May 17, 2012

Weird = Potential?

I went to dinner with my friend Jon on Monday and we were talking about dating, as we always do. Side note- I love being great friends with guys, because I can talk to them about dating and get advice as to what is going on in the guy's heads, and help them know what is going on with the girls. Anyway I was telling him about my current dating situations and I was telling him it was just a weird situation I was in. I wasn't used to this feeling. What he said was simple but profound:
Weird means new, new means different and different means potential.
How true that is, and it's something I've thought about a lot since then. At this point in dating, if anything felt the same as something in the past that didn't work, what hope is there in that? But weird... this is a different feeling.
Nother side note... after two years I learned how to add pictures to my blog... turns out it was pretty easy, and right in front of my face. This is me and Jon when we first met on a cruise two years ago. This picture makes me laugh every time I see it.

2 comments:

  1. I said that...wow that was profound! I love that picture too. That might have been the cause of me breaking up with my girlfriend, but still love that pic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA you did NOT just blame that on me! I didn't even know you HAD a girlfriend until after the cruise, probably something you shoulda mentioned... just sayin!

    ReplyDelete