Wednesday, February 6, 2013

A Genuine Smile

In my ward I am the chorister (once a month).
This last Sunday happened to be my week. I sat up on the stand and watched the wardies file into the chapel.
I found myself looking for the people that were laughing or chatting and smiling. Something struck me. I was watching this one guy, he was talking to another guy in the row in front of him and I don't know what was said but he just smiled really big and laughed a little. It was a real, genuine, couldn't be controlled smile. I just thought, "wow that really lights him up when he smiles." Then I started looking for other people that were smiling. Maybe I never looked at it for that reason, but it was so fascinating to me to look around and see these people smiling and how much it lit them up. They became so much more attractive.
Smiling for pictures is fine, but staged. A real honest to goodness smile can do wonders...
That is all... just something I have thought about...



3 comments:

  1. That is a great genuine smile from you in that picture :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love that picture from my cousin's wedding.

      Delete
  2. SMILING does make someone more attracive. I think I'm gonna look for it more ofen. Thanks for the reminder!!!

    ReplyDelete