Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day

Ok I'll admit, typically I hate this day. I secretly hope that someone will surprise me with a flower arrangement at work or something, even though I never am dating someone over this holiday. It never happens and I'm always a little sad, but not surprised.
This year is different. I'm moving!!!! I can't tell you what knowing I'm moving has done for my sanity.
Ever since I made the decision to move to Arizona, nothing here in Utah seems to hold much weight anymore. And by nothing I mean dating because really what else does a nearly 29 year old single girl think about? Dating? Doesn't matter I'm moving I don't need to worry about who is and who is not asking me out.
With that being the attitude I was barely thinking about the upcoming holiday and I was plenty happy with that. I felt no need to make plans or keep myself busy.
Last night I was running errands and at each store I went to I'd see men walking around holding flowers, or buying cards and candy. I went to my sister's house and saw her hubby writing in a card for her. I just thought it was the sweetest thing. It made me so happy to see the romance floating around. To know that those men (for some reason I only saw men doing these things) were being so thoughtful.
I wasn't jealous, I wasn't sad, I was just touched.
Yes there was a moment of jealousy today when a bouquet of gorgeous flowers was delivered to a girl I work with, but come on! I am a woman!
I know this attitude is because I'm moving and I'm trying to really take note of it, and will do my best to maintain that attitude after I move. Oh I don't want to go back to crazy Julia, normal, calm Julia is so much nicer (and seemingly more appealing).



This is a picture of my Grandfather and Granny Bingham on their honeymoon in Italy in the 40's. They are now back together in Heaven. I just love this picture and think it is the epitome of romance.

4 comments:

  1. I couldn't help but feel jealous every darn time a bouquet of flowers was delivered to someone else in my office. I don't need flowers! They're impractical and kind of silly. But dang it all, if I didn't hate people that got them when I didn't. Only in the office setting, mind you. Something about it.

    One last little thing (and don't hate me for saying it): I moved away from a place I loved because I felt like it was what I needed to do. And four days later, I met Scott. Not saying that's what will happen. Only saying that only good things come when you sacrifice something good for something better. You're following your heart, and therefore, you're about to have something better. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lovely! I know good will come from this, I don't know in what form, but I know I will be happy I went and I am looking forward to what adventures lie ahead of me. :)

      Delete
  2. Hey Julia...so I read on one of your FB statuses about a friend of yours that started a new blog. I went to her site and love her sense of style...so cute! I wanted to try and support her since she's a new blogger and now I can't find her site again...It's modestly me, right? Anyway I left her a comment, but I'm not sure it went through...just thought maybe you could pass it along for me. Hope you are doing well and good luck on your move. Love following along with your updates, especially your "blonde moments"!
    xo Grace

    ReplyDelete