Friday, February 1, 2013

A Change Will Do You Good...

There have been several times in my life where all seems to be going along fine, then all of the sudden I get this feeling of stagnancy.
It becomes all consuming, all I can think about until I make a change big enough to make the feeling go away.
In the past it was changing wards, moving houses even just taking a trip down south to visit my brother. Sometimes I'd go on dating sabbaticals, re-evaluate my priorities, change jobs.
A lot of times I would make music more of a focus, try a new workout, start some sort of lesson.
There has always been something I could do that would take that stuck feeling away and again make me feel like I was progressing.
Well, I'm back in the stagnate saddle.
I went on a cruise last week and it was so much fun. Towards the end of the week I listened to my friends all talk about how they were ready to get home, ready to get back into their routine and I just thought, "I'm not ready. I don't want to go home." I didn't feel like there was really anything I was going home to and that feeling hasn't left.
All I've thought about all week is how to get rid of this feeling, what change I need to make.
Things are in the works right now. Nothing has been decided just yet, but I think a big change is in the wind. Bigger than ever before. I think my life is about to take a big turn!
It's exciting to make big changes, daunting, of course, but exciting. Change can be really good if you go about it the right way.
Here's to mixing it up!



No comments:

Post a Comment