Friday, July 19, 2013

The ability to love

Warning, this post is one from the soul, so if you're looking for funny in this blog today you're gonna get emo... I give you permission to go elsewhere :)

I have been thinking a lot lately about love. I will admit I am a person who has never been in love. I'm going to clarify by saying that to me, being in love means loving someone and having them love you back. I have definitely loved, and I have been loved, but those two loves have never been simpatico, they've never lined up.

I pride myself on the ability to see people for who they are capable of being. I pride myself on being able to love people who feel undeserving or incapable of being loved. I pride myself on the fact that I can make someone feel like they deserve it, that they are worthy of it.

Problem, I do love those people. I give them all I have to show them that SOMEONE can, they thank me and with their new found confidence find someone else that loves them.

I am grateful that loving people comes easily to me. I love people. The people in my life are everything to me and I do what I can to show them or tell them that. I think that is a virtue!

Is it unreasonable to hope that someone will appreciate that enough to love me back?



No comments:

Post a Comment