Thursday, May 16, 2013

Follow Up From Yesterday's Post

Yesterday I went on a date with a guy I had been set up with by several people. I warn you, this may get confusing but I urge you to pioneer through. I said I wasn't going to blog about this, but it's just too good.
In the beginning of the date we were both telling our sides of the story of how we got set up. His was MUCH more entertaining than mine, and I'm gonna tell it. Our connection is he grew up with my cousin's husband. I was in California and met a couple of my cousin's husband's friends, who shall remain nameless. We'll call them #1 and #2. Apparently #1 will set my date up with pretty much any single girl "that's nice" so when he approached me about going out with the guy, #2 then texts my date and says, "Warning, #1 is trying to set you up". My date had told me that #2 is a lot more discerning when it comes to setting him up so he asked him, "Would YOU set me up with her?" To which #2 apparently replied, "I don't really know anything about her, but if I was going on looks alone, yeah." (Thanks #2 that's kind of you)
This is where things get crazy. So "blind dates" are obsolete these days, thanks to the wonderful world of Facebook, and I have no shortage of pictures on the Facebook. The next thing my date knows, he's getting an influx of pictures of me, sent from #2 (who must have gotten them from my cousin's facebook as he and I are not FB friends) These people are nothing if not thorough.
All this happened about a month ago, and since then we have both been contacted a number of times from the setter-uppers seeing if he and I had actually gotten together yet. We had been in contact, but hadn't gone out yet, so when I got a second text from my cousin asking for status I contacted him and said, "We better make this happen" So we set up the date for last night.
Apparently he was getting a lot more pressure than I was, and he was also getting a lot more updates on me.
Day of the date #2 was getting the deets from him, "What are you gonna do? When are you gonna pick her up?" What have you... Then late in the day not too soon before picking me up he gets the following text from #2, "Too bad it's not Fall..." followed by a link TO MY BLOG!!!!
When he told me that I started laughing SO HARD and turned bright red. He literally had to turn the AC up in his car for me. I seriously could not believe it... I told him, "I JUST posted that blog like 3 hours ago!" I hadn't posted anything in like 3 weeks! WHAT ARE THE CHANCES!?!? Yes my blog is open to the public and I don't mind at all that he read it, but here's my question to #2 (since you obviously read my blog) How often ARE you checking up on me? Do you somehow have an alert to when I make changes? Well if after all your research, you still found me worthy to go out with your friend, I can't be that bad right?
Oh man, for the rest of the night I would randomly burst into laughter and he'd then turn up the AC.

2 comments:

  1. People who use RSS feed readers (like the soon-to-be defunct Google Reader) pretty much are alerted to new posts. I have a button on my browser toolbar that takes me to the next unread blog post in the list of blogs I follow. I don't think that is too uncommon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What would be strange is if he follows my blog at all. That's where the surprise comes from.

    ReplyDelete