Monday, May 20, 2013

Too close for comfort

So a few years ago I moved into a new ward. In this ward there was a boy. I had a wee crush on this lad.
One night my roommates and I decided to have a game night, so I invited him. He came with a couple buddies of his and we all had a grand time. At the end of the night, his buddies left and he stayed and helped me clean up and we chatted for a while. As we were chatting I noticed on my phone that I got a "friend request" from one of his buddies. I said, "Is this your friend?" he said it was so I accepted. We will call these guys A and B. A being the guy I was into and B being his friend. So A tells me that he thinks B was interested in me. I thought that was interesting since A was also showing interest as well, but I thought, "Whatever, I'll let them work that out."
So later that night I get a message from B on the ole FB thanking me for the game night. We chatted for a bit and he ended up getting my number. "No biggie" I thought. So B and I had made plans to go out on Wednesday of that week, and A and I kept up communication. I was intrigued by both of them and again just thought, they can figure things out how they want.
So things go along swimmingly, both are texting me rather regularly. I remember specifically the day B and I went out I had a softball game. I was texting both of them throughout, telling them my stats and what not. When the game was over I let B know when I'd be home so he could come pick me up.
I get home and am getting ready for B to come get me, then I get a text from A that says, "Well **** just left to go pick you up, so I better let you go."

Um... WHAT?

They LIVE together? KEEP in mind, A knew I was going out with B, I wasn't being sneaky. However, I didn't know they lived together, and if they were together all night while I was texting both of them... telling them about my game, sometimes sending the exact same text... awkward!

So... I was pretty much speechless and can't even tell you what my response to him was.
So B comes to get me and we are chit chatting, getting to know one another. He was a charming fellow. It was a great date. At one point in the date he is telling me a story and he says, "My aunt, ****'s mom..."

UM... WHAT???

They are COUSINS!!!???

I'm pretty sure I laughed when he told me that. I didn't even know how to proceed from there. Roommate cousins that I had been texting all week and interested in both.

Best part... B had a brother. I fancied him too. Nothing happened with any of them.
Twas a little too close for comfort. Sometimes keepin it in the family is not the best idea.




Ah look how cute I am!!! So sweet and innocent!

No comments:

Post a Comment