Wednesday, October 9, 2013

What's in a name...

So a number of years ago my friend set me up on a blind date. This was a legit blind date I had never seen a picture of him before we went out. (That is UNHEARD of these days)
Our first date the plan was to go to a corn maze. It was in October and fall activities area must!
We went to the corn maze and had so much fun getting to know each other and totally getting lost. When that was over we decided we still wanted to hang out, so we went and got hot chocolate and bought a pumpkin to carve. We went back to his house and carved the pumpkin and then still wanted to hang out so we decided to watch a scary movie. Pretty much nailed every Halloween activity we could think of. After a 7 hour date he was taking me home.
It was a safe assumption that we were both into each other.
About a week later we met at a pub with some friends of mine and did some karaoke. We had so much fun but I did feel like he was a little off.
That night when he walked me to my car he told me that he had recently gotten out of a relationship and he thought he was ready to move on but he's realizing that he just wasn't. That he really did like me, but he was just thinking about her too much to be able to do anything about that. I had been notified of this relationship by the friend that set us up so I knew it was legit and that was that.
I was pretty bummed. Later I talked to my friend that set us up and he told me that this ex-girlfriend was named Julie Saunders. JULIE SAUNDERS! Are you kidding me? No wonder he kept thinking about her when he was with me... I threw my hands up and was like, "welp... nuff said."

1 comment: