Monday, February 3, 2014

Engagement, love/hate relationship!

I have been a fiancée for 16 days now and I have some thoughts.
When we first started talking about getting married we talked about doing it in March, my whole family was coming down to Arizona already so it would have been convenient to get hitched while they were all here. This was beginning of January and I freaked out, 2 months was NOT ENOUGH TIME! So we decided to change it to May, my family changed their vacation to be then instead of March and we got crackin.
I didn't anticipate that I STILL wouldn't be working, so basically I have a lot of time on my hands. So I've been planning.
I have my dress, we got our engagements taken, we have a location, caterer, decorator and DJ, I ordered our cake, we have someone to design our invitations, we registered, we have booked the temple, we've booked our honeymoon and that is all the Arizona stuff, we have Utah stuff well under way as well (thanks to my amazing mom and sister). Matt and I went and looked at apartments on Saturday and I think we found the one. What I'm getting at is, we TOTALLY could have pulled off March!
Now we have all the big stuff well under way, if not done, and we still have 3 and a half months!
We have this annoying count down happening that is not changing fast enough.
So now, we are just this engaged couple. Engaged, not dating, not married, engaged. We know we're going to be husband and wife, but we're not yet. We know where we are going to live, but we can't move in. We are just waiting, and the only reason we are waiting was so we could plan a wedding that is practically planned, so we wait.
People keep telling me to enjoy this time, people that have done this before and they wanted to just get married too so they didn't enjoy the time like they "should have" so they tell others to just enjoy the time. I don't think it's possible.
Depressing, we have over 100 days until we are married. Depressing, we have about 14 weeks. Depressing, even though we dated for a short amount of time it seems like we've been dating a long time (twice as long as my longest relationship prior to Matt so for me it's SUPER long) we have about as long left in our engagement as the entire length of our relationship to this point. DEPRESSING.
I realize I haven't mentioned any of the "love" part of this love/hate relationship. I guess I'll end on that. I love knowing that I have my guy. I am falling in love with him more and more every day. I love planning this wedding and imagining it all. I am so excited for everything that is coming up in the near future. I love that I still have it all to look forward to.
I love the fact that I am engaged because it means I'm getting married! Me! I am getting married. Didn't see that comin.

3 comments:

  1. For me it was about 6 months from engagement to wedding. It was nice to not have the time crunch but I know what you mean.
    Maybe you could take some cooking classes or something in your free time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting married in April and it's the same thing! It's so hard to wait. And I have a countdown app on my phone. My fiance hates it and always tells me to delete it! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have an app??? Here I am counting like a fool! I must know what the app is!

      Delete