Monday, March 22, 2010

Getting Ready

There is something to be said for the good dates. The ones that you get all excited for, that you spend the majority of the week planning outfits in your head, and lines to say and things that will make them laugh (that part may just be me). When I am excited for a date, it is the best.
I went on a date recently, and I can tell you I have never been so excited for a first date. The guy was really funny, and that is HUGE to me. This guy could genuinely make me laugh, he was super witty and honestly I was just so excited to get to know him more.
When the day came to go out I gave myself plenty of time to get ready. I am SO not the girl who makes the guy wait so I can finish getting ready and make the grand entrance. First dates are awkward enough without that.
I had a particular outfit I wanted to wear, and I put it in the first load of my laundry so it would be ready on time.
I proceeded to get ready and at about 6:30 (fifteen minutes before he was supposed to be arriving) I went to get them out. They were NOT dry, at all! I started freaking out. So I took everything else out and just put those clothes in there, hoping they would dry faster alone. I ran upstairs and was freaking out to my roommate. That was the chosen outfit, not only was it not dry, but I had no other options. Everything else was either in that drying load, not dry, or in the wash. I was hosed. My roommate asked me if I cleaned the lint trap as that could hold up drying. I realized I hadn't so I run downstairs and go to pull it out, and break the dang thing. By now it's 6:40, and he was going to be there any minute. I went running upstairs (I kid you not I am booking it around my house) and looked through my closet to see if there was ANYTHING else I could wear, no, there wasn't. I ran downstairs and look through the window to see if by chance he was there. As I do I hear a knock at the door. I literally screamed, and yelled at my roommate to get the door, as I ran into the laundry room. I check the clothes. They're not dry, but they weren't too bad. This was so not how I planned this date starting out. I grabbed the clothes from the dryer, and go running upstairs. As I fly past him I just yell, "I'M NOT READY!" I get to my room, and get changed into my somewhat damp jeans. I will tell you this, there are few things that are less comfortable than damp jeans.
So it wasn't exactly a perfect start, but it ended up being a really fun date, and if nothing else, all the running I did around the house before he got there helped me to burn the calories I consumed at dinner.

2 comments:

  1. Tee hee.....sooooo been there!! : )
    For the next time....throw EVERY available dry/clean towel in the load! It helps! Promise! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha!!! this made me laugh so much, that Leah came running to ask me what was so funny.

    ReplyDelete