Friday, March 26, 2010

How to get a girl to kiss you on the first date.

Now I like to think I am not the type of girl that kisses on the first date. My thoughts, and my actions don't seem to interact sometimes. I like to think it though.
A number of months ago I had made plans to hang out with some friends of mine who happen to be a couple. The dude in the couple (who I will refer to as Guy A) asked if it was alright if his friend (who I will refer to as Guy B) came along. I had met Guy B before on a date that said couple had set me up on a few weeks prior. We met a group at a Real Salt Lake game, and he happened to be in the group, he happened to be the roommate of the guy I was on the date with, but that is neither here nor there. I asked them if this was a set up or if this was a hang out, they assured me it was just a hang out, which I was more comfortable with because then I could be myself. As I have mentioned in a previous post, I have a hard time being myself on dates, so going into it like we just all were hanging out together I wasn't bashful.
First we went to a soccer game that Guy A and Guy B were playing in. Then we decided to go see New Moon, which the guys were really excited about. It was pretty close to opening night so there was a pretty good line.
While we were waiting in line Guy A called my friend (for the sake of keeping anonymity and because at this point it only makes sense, we will call her Girl #1) Babe. Guy B turns to me and says, "Should I be calling you Babe?" I said, "Yeah you probably should." He said, "So are we just imitating them tonight?" I said, "Yeah I think that would be wise." So following Guy A's example he put his arm around me.
Once we were sitting in the movie Girl #1 started scratching Guy A's back. Guy B turned to me and said, "So... are we still imitating them er...?" So I flirtatiously rolled my eyes, and started scratching his back. Smooth.
Ok at one point in this movie, Bella is sitting in between Jacob, and some other dude in a movie theatre, both guys have their hands held out giving her the opportunity to hold them. At that same point my arm itched. Really it did. So I put it out to scratch it, and unintentionally did the same thing as the guys in the film. Guy B leans over and says, "Geeze you don't have to be so obvious." and we just laughed about it, but didn't hold hands.
After the movie we went back to Guy A's house and were sitting on the couch. Guy B and I were sitting rather close, it was a date at this point. We were getting along really well. Guy A leaned over and kissed Girl #1. Guy B then turns to be and says, "So... are we still imitating them er...?" I just laughed, but then Guy A says, "Guy B, I dare you to kiss her right now" (ok so he didn't say Guy B, but I gotta keep rolling with it) I just laughed and said, "What are we 12?" Then I notice Guy B is leaning in. I just laughed because I knew there was no way he was actually going to kiss me. He keeps leaning in... I start to think, "No I'm calling his bluff, he won't really kiss me, we don't even know each other". He keeps leaning in, by now he's real close so I started to laugh, and... Welcome to my teeth! That's right! He kissed my teeth! He pulled back and I just said, "That'ssss just awesome!" He followed with, "Guys her teeth taste so good." I was pretty embarrassed, they all just started teasing me for being a teeth kisser. He asked me if that's how I always kiss. I told him, I was calling his bluff, I didn't think there was any way he would actually kiss me. To which he said, "Clearly you don't know me that well. I don't bluff." I said, "Chyeah, clearly I've known you for about 5 hours."
For the rest of the night, I was being referred to as a teeth kisser. I couldn't go down like that. So I made sure to repair my reputation before we said goodbye. I couldn't, very well, allow people to go on thinking I was a teeth kisser. It was about reputation. I had to clear my name, and that I did.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Julia. First date kissing is like eating chocolate cake for breakfast. As long as you don't do it everyday, it gives life variety...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Julia! New Moon again? How many times have you seen it now? -Jana Glass

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only saw it twice, and the second time was in the dollar theatre.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha i like michelle's comment...totally true. i have only kissed one boy on the first date. oh wait..you know him....and then we dated. i like reading your blog. its funny and entertaining in the middle of the night while i'm working at the hospital.

    ReplyDelete