Saturday, April 10, 2010

Cheap Dates.

I don't know who decided that making the date super expensive was necessary for the girl to have a good time.
I think I am a pretty low maintenance girl. It doesn't take a ton to please me. When it comes to dates, simple is better, and in my experience has turned out to be the most fun. That being said, I still want there to be some sort of plan, but it doesn't have to be extraordinary.
One of the best dates I went on was with the guy that called me semi-attractive (granted it didn't go anywhere beyond the first date, but still it was a pretty awesome date.) He came and picked me up and took me back to his house. He made me breakfast for dinner. Points- 1, Made me dinner, I do love a man that can cook (mainly because I don't, but I'm working on it) 2- Breakfast for dinner, not typical and I LOVE IT! 3- I liked this idea because we could get to know each other while he was cooking, he would give me jobs to do, like cutting the oranges, setting the table, what have you. 4, Cooking a meal together is a great idea. I don't really like to go out to eat, so this was perfect for me. We ate dinner, it was quiet, delicious, and fun.
After dinner he pulled out a Shrek puzzle. I was going to be going on a cruise, and I had mentioned to him the night we met that my friend and I were going to bring a puzzle with us on the cruise, and how excited I was. Points- 4, he listened to what I said and took note for our date. 5, not only did he buy a puzzle, but he had a plan.
We decided that since it was only like 100 pieces it would be pretty easy to do, it was for ages 5 and up I think, so we decided to time ourselves and see how quickly we could do it. So we put the puzzle together and talked and really started to get to know each other. Points- 6, coming up with an activity that you can have fun with, while getting to know each other. 7, for some reason I like doing kid activities on dates. (future reference in case I go out with any guys that read this blg, I think building a fort would be a lot of fun).
The puzzle ended up taking us like an hour to do, which was sad given the fact that we were both mid-20's and it was for 5 year olds, but we had a good time. Laughed a lot, and talked a lot, it was a great date activity.
After the puzzle we just kind of sat talked and listened to music. Then he took me home, and never called me again ;). Sure it didn't go anywhere, and I was totally fine with that, but I will always remember that as being one of the best dates.
Another date I went on, (with another guy who I didn't really ever see again) Was in the fall. We went to a corn maze, which had two sections, fun, and haunted. We did both. Points 1, doing corn mazes are fun, because it is just you two, gives you a lot of time to talk. 2, haunted corn mazes are fun because if there is any interest there it gives you the chance to be all cozy. I told him before we went out that if the corn maze was haunted I would get grabby, I am a pansy and that's how I roll. When we had the choice of corn maze and he said he wanted to do the haunted one, I figured he was ok with me holding on to him. After the corn maze we went and got hot chocolate at 7-11. Points- 3, hot chocolate makes me feel cozy, it was nice after a chilly corn maze. Then we decided to go to his house and carve a pumpkin. Points-4, Awesome idea, I got to see his creative side. 5, he didn't make me clean the guts, which was good for him because it wouldn't have been beneficial for either one of us, if I started gagging. 6, gave us time to talk more and get to know each other.
After we carved the pumpkin we decided to watch a scary movie. Points-7, I love fall activities and we pretty much nailed them all in this one date. 8, I felt like he was having a really good time because he kept coming up with new things to do. 9, he chose a scary movie which showed me he was ok with me being grabby again.
After the movie he drove me home.
This date didn't even include a meal, and I was totally fine with that. This one also will go down in history as one of the best dates ever, if not THE best date. AND it was a blind date. (Well done Scotcho!) Granted nothing happened with him either, but he was a great guy, and I think we had a really good time together. If we didn't, the date wouldn't have been 7 hours long. He easily could have taken me home after the corn maze.
These are two dates which I don't think broke the bank for these guys, but they were awesome. I love those, because I think they are far more creative than dinner and a movie. Not that I am bagging on that, I like dinner, I love movies, but if you can be creative like that. Awesome. Summer is super easy too. You can go up the canyon and have a fire, you can play sports outside, you can go for walks, you can go for hikes. I am so looking forward to summer dating :)
So guys, get the creative juices flowing, and you don't have to spend a ton to make the girl happy. :)

4 comments:

  1. Best date I ever went on: we were both unemployed and dirt poor. Went to the dollar theater, the price had risen that day to $1.50. Neither of us could afford it, and we went to a park. It was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my funnest dates was I took a girl to the Smith's and we rode the coin-operated machines. Then we drove around for a while and took pictures of things we thought were odd... like a life-size white gorilla statue next to a fake palm tree. Then we went back to my house and made pumpkin cheesecake and ate it on the front lawn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post will be required reading for my boys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went on a date with a guy once who took me miniature golfing and then to Krispy Kreme for doughnuts and hot chocolate. I don't like to miniature gold and I don't like donuts or even hot chocolate really. And the guy was boring. Best. date. ever. ;p
    Does this have anything to do with your post?

    ReplyDelete